Dr. Dre has released a new studio album. Compton A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre, the legendary rapper-producer’s first LP in 16 years, will be released exclusively through Apple Music on Friday, August 7th.
In anticipation, the 16-track effort is streaming in full here. Compton serves as the companion soundtrack to the N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton. The album features Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, and others.
Dr. Dre had originally planned to release Detox as his third solo LP, but scrapped the multi-year project. “I didn’t like it. It wasn’t good,” Dre explained. “The record, it just wasn’t good … I worked my ass off on it, and I don’t think I did a good enough job. During principal photography, I felt myself going to the studio and being so inspired by the movie that I started recording an album,” Dre said of Compton. “I kept it under wraps, and now the album is finished. It’s bananas…. I’m really proud of this.”
All proceeds from Compton will go to fund a new performing arts and entertainment facility in the city of Compton.
Compton A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre Artwork:
Compton A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre Tracklist:
2. Talk About It (feat. King Mez & Justus)
3. Genocide (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
4. It’s All on Me (feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid)
5. All in a Day’s Work (feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius)
6. Darkside/Gone (feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
7. Loose Cannons (feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um)
8. Issues (feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak)
9. Deep Water (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus)
10. One Shot One Kill (feat. Snoop Dogg)
11. Just Another Day (feat. Asia Bryant)
12. For the Love of Money (feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor)
13. Satisfaction (feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
14. Animals (feat. Anderson Paak)
15. Medicine Mane (feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak)
16. Talking to My Diary