Scott Weiland’s death reportedly from accidental drug overdose

jamieweilandmain.jpg

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner in Minneapolis has revealed the cause of Scott Weiland’s death.

The former Stone Temple Pilots frontman, who was found dead on his tour bus on December 3rd, died from “an accidental overdose of cocaine, ethanol and, methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA).”

Not only that, but Weiland’s atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, history of asthma, and multi-substance dependence were also noted as contributing factors.

His wife, Jamie Wachtel, maintained that Weiland had been clean for some time. A full toxicology report won’t be available in the next month or two, so it remains unclear how much Weiland was using in the weeks leading up to his death. Regardless, RIP Scott Weiland you will be missed.

scott-weiland-paramount

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s